Mary Hart to leave 'ET' after its 30th season
'The Insider' anchor Lara Spencer a possible successor
NEW YORK -- Mary Hart will sign off from her long-time hosting duties on "Entertainment Tonight" after the syndicated show's upcoming 30th season, which launches Sept. 13.
Hart joined "ET" in 1982. No immediate successor was named, but "The Insider" anchor Lara Spencer has been mentioned as a possible replacement.
"I've had the privilege of spending 29 years doing something I love -- how often does that happen?," said Hart. "I've reached a point when I clearly realize it's time for a change. There are many things I want to do in my life and I'd better get on with them."
Said executive producer Linda Bell Blue: "Right now we are focused on making this next season the very best in her long history with ET...We're going to have a lot of fun this year!"
"ET" is the highest rated syndicated magazine show on TV. It is produced and distributed by CBS Television Distribution.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!