Mary J. Blige Faces $3.4M Tax Lien
The IRS filed noticed with the Grammy winner on Feb. 7.
Mary J. Blige and her husband have been hit with a $3.4 million tax lien in New Jersey.
Court documents show that the Internal Revenue Service filed notice of a lien on the nine-time Grammy Award winner Feb. 7. That was two days before the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul was honored at a pre-Grammy party in Los Angeles.
Blige and husband Martin Isaacs have a home in Cresskill, N.J., about 15 miles north of New York City.
Court documents show as of the date of the IRS notice Blige owed more than $574,000 for the 2009 tax year, more than $2.2 million for 2010 and more than $647,000 for 2011.
A Blige representative said Thursday she's working "with her new team to resolve all these issues as quickly as possible."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR