Mary J. Blige's Father Stabbed, In Critical Condition
Thomas Blige, 63, was stabbed inside his Michigan home on Thursday morning as part of a domestic dispute, according to police.
The father of Mary J. Blige is in critical condition following a stabbing during a domestic dispute that occurred on Thursday morning.
According to Michigan police, Thomas Blige, 63, suffered a neck wound in an altercation at around 7 a.m. and was taken to Kalamazoo’s Bronson Methodist Hospital.
Detectives discovered a blood-covered knife at the scene, reported the Battle Creek Enquirer, and have arrested his former girlfriend on charges of attempted murder.
Detective Sgt. Jim Martens revealed that officers recovered the knife and found Blige's ex-girlfriend with blood on her clothing. She is currently in the Calhoun County jail and is expected to be arraigned Friday.
Police had responded to seven previous incidents between Blige and the 50-year-old woman, who was charged in October with aggravated domestic violence after she hit him in the head with a glass candlestick.
She entered a no-contest plea to the charge and on Jan. 10 was placed on six months probation and was ordered to have "non-assaultive" contact with Blige.
The Grammy award-winning singer has not yet commented on the incident.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR