Mary Tyler Moore to Honor Bernadette Peters at Westport Playhouse Gala
The actresses are co-founders of New York's annual Broadway Barks cat and dog adoption event.
Mary Tyler Moore will honor fellow actress Bernadette Peters at the Westport Country Playhouse's 80th anniversary annual gala on Sept. 19. She will present Peters with the Distinguished Dedication and Service to the American Musical Theater Award.
Tom Jones, Christopher Plummer, Lucie Arnaz and Joanne Woodward are among the guests scheduled to attend the event, which will feature selections from the musicals produced at the theater since 1931, notes Playbill.
Moore and Peters are co-founders of Broadway Barks, an annual cat and dog adoption event benefiting New York City animal shelters and adoption agencies.
Moore will also be feted by her peers at the Screen Actors Guild awards in January. She'll receive the group's highest honor, the Life Achievement Award, for her three-decade-plus career across television, film and the stage, her production work through MTM Enterprises and her philanthropic efforts.
Asked is she was surprised that SAG chose her, The Mary Tyler Moore Show star replied: “I was surprised. At first I didn’t understand what they were saying to me and I thought I was getting the Miss Congeniality Award.
“And I think I still have much more lifetime to come,” she said. “So I’m not going to say that this is the top of it. Though it’s very nice.”
The ceremony will air live on TNT and TBS Jan. 29 at 8 p.m. ET.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game