Master of the Silent Treatment
In an Oscar season of breakouts, none has been bigger than "The Artist" and its stars as Jean Dujardin, one of France's top actors, keeps landing honors -- though American stardom may be more elusive.
As a child, Jean Dujardin struggled with words. "I wasn't dyslexic, I was just very slow," he recalls. "I passed my time daydreaming. They called me 'Jean de la lune' (Jean of the moon) because I didn't concentrate, I didn't listen." The actor's parents were so concerned, they even sent him to various psychotherapists, but he says, "I was just in my own world."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR