Masters Scores Second-Highest Rating in Ten Years
9:10 AM PDT 4/11/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
A down-to-the-wire finish pumps tournament tune-in.
CBS Sports coverage of The Masters scored the second-highest rating for a final round in ten years.The tournament, which saw South African Charl Schwartzel win after a remarkably close final round with multiple golfers including Tiger Woods in and out of the leader spot, earned a 10.4 household rating, according to preliminary Nielsen numbers. That’s second only to last year’s 12.0 household rating when an emotional Phil Mickelson won his third Masters title. This year’s final round was up 18 percent compared to 2009 (8.8 household rating) and 17 percent over 2008 (8.9 household rating). It’s also up a notch compared to 2005 (10.3 household rating), when Woods won his fourth green jacket.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR