Berlin 2013: Match Factory Acquires Worldwide Rights to Robert Altman Doc
The film is an Epix original documentary and will be shopped to foreign buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin.
BERLIN -- Match Factory has scooped up worldwide rights to Ron Mann's documentary Altman, which follows the life of acclaimed filmmaker Robert Altman from his childhood to receiving a 2006 honorary Oscar a year before his death.
Consultants to the production include Kathryn Reed Altman, Altman's widow, and producer Matthew Seig, who worked closely with her husband. Altman is an Epix original documentary produced by Sphinx Productions in association with Astral's The Movie Network and Dakota Group.
Match Factory is shopping the project to foreign buyers at the European Film Festival in Berlin. Separately, Submarine has sold the doc to NFP Films in Germany and Austria.
Altman will weave together interviews with actors, Altman's collaborators and family members, as well as include archival footage of the filmmaker along with clips from his groundbreaking movies, which include MASH, Nashville, The Player, Short Cuts and Gosford Park. He was nominated for best director for all five but never won.
The documentary is expected to be done by midyear. Accompanying the film will be a touring exhibit, an illustrated companion book and music soundtrack.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR