'Matilda the Musical' Announces North American Tour
The Tony-winning Broadway musical, featuring music and lyrics by Australian comedian Tim Minchin, will hit the road in May 2015.
Miss Trunchbull, Miss Honey and their wide-eyed schoolchildren are hitting the road.
The Tony-winning stage adaptation of Roald Dahl's beloved novel Matilda will kick off a North American tour in May 2015, it was announced Wednesday.
After technical rehearsals and performances in New Haven, Conn., at the Shubert Theater, the tour will officially open at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles, with runs at San Francisco's SHN Orpheum Theatre, Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre and Dallas’ AT&T Performing Arts Center to follow. The show's full touring schedule and casting will be announced at a later date.
Produced in New York by the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Dodgers, Matilda is directed by Matthew Warchus, with music and lyrics by Tim Minchin. The show opened to rave reviews in April 2013 and has been playing to near-capacity houses at the Shubert.
The production was nominated in 2013 for 12 Tonys, winning four, including best book for playwright Dennis Kelly and best featured actor in a musical for Gabriel Ebert, as well as a special Tony honor for the four girls alternating in the title role.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR