Matthew Fox Countersues Bus Driver Over Alleged Fight
Matthew Fox is firing back against the bus driver who filed a lawsuit against him earlier this year.
The Lost star is countersuing the driver of a chartered party bus, the Associated Press reports. Bus driver Heather Bormann, an employee of Ohio Connection, claimed that Fox physically assaulted her. In the original lawsuit, Bormann says the actor punched her in the breast, groin, arm and legs after he attempted to get on the bus on Aug. 28.
At the time, Fox was in Cleveland to film a movie. Fox's counterclaim was filed on Nov. 3.
Bormann is seeking about $75,000 in damages; she claimed that she needed to undergo medical treatment for injuries that results in income loss. Prosecutors reviewed Bormann's case and opted not to file any charges against Fox.
“He smelled like a liquor cabinet, like a bar,” Bormann told Cleveland.com of the actor, who was in town shooting I, Alex Cross. She claimed that after being told he could not board the bus, Fox began punching her.
As part of their review of the case, the prosecutor's office took pictures of Bormann's bruised legs and arms, which she claimed were the result of Fox's attack.