Matthew McConaughey Engaged to Longtime Girlfriend Camila Alves
The actor proposed to the mother of his two children on Christmas day.
Matthew McConaughey is making it official with his girlfriend of five years, Camila Alves.
The 42-year-old actor posted the news to Twitter on Dec. 25, with a link to a photo of the couple kissing in front of a Christmas tree.
"Just asked Camila to marry me," he wrote. "Merry Christmas."
Alves, a Brazilian model, first started dating the Lincoln Lawyer star in 2006. They've since had two children together: Levi (3) and Vida (1).
Though McConaughey has always remained coy on the subject of marriage, he has maintained a commitment in staying the course with Alves.
"I always wanted to be a father," he told People after the birth of son Levi. "It just took the right woman and the right time to make it happen."
McConaughey will next appear in The Paperboy and Magic Mike -- the latter of which finds him playing a semi-retired stripper.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR