Matthew McConaughey Marries Camila Alves in Texas Wedding
The actor and the mother of his two children hosted a private ceremony in Austin on Saturday.
Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves tied the knot on Saturday in a private ceremony in Texas. The couple, who have two children together and have been dating for six years, hosted the ceremony at their home in Austin.
McConaughey, 42, and Alves, 30, have been engaged since Christmas Day 2011. A rep told People that Camila would be taking McConaughey’s last name.
The actor, who attended the Canned Film Festival in May to promote his in Competition films Mud and The Paperboy, wore a black Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo, while Alves wore white Stuart Weitzman heels and a wedding gown made by a Brazilian designer, according to People.
Guests stayed in tents that were built on the property for the special occasion.
McConaughey announced that he and his family were moving back to Texas in March 2012 while giving a speech at the Texas Film Hall of Fame event in Austin.
“No one recognizes you and no one asks you, ‘Hey, what do you do?,’ because I don’t think anyone cares,” McConaughey said onstage. “Fridays show up sooner here. You want to get along in Austin, you want to get along in Texas, all you have to do is be yourself.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR