Matthew McConaughey Joins Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street'
Leonardo DiCaprio leads the ensemble cast; Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner and Kyle Chandler also star.
Matthew McConaughey has joined the cast of Red Granite Pictures' The Wolf of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
The film, which begins shooting this month in New York, is based on former broker Jordan Belfort's best-selling memoir. Red Granite is fully financing and producing the movie.
McConaughey will play Mark Hanna, the early boss and mentor of Belfort (DiCaprio).
Red Granite is financing and producing the drama, which also stars Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal, Cristin Milioti, P.J. Byrne and Ethan Suplee.
Terence Winter adapted the screenplay, which chronicles Belfort's dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street and with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, which included drug and alcohol addiction.
Red Granite's Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland are producing with DiCaprio, Scorsese, Emma Koskoff and Alexandra Milchan.
McConaughey is currently in theaters with two films: Magic Mike and Killer Joe. Upcoming films include The Paperboy and Mud, both of which had their world premieres at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR