Matthew McConaughey Reprises 'Dazed and Confused' Breakout Role for Music Video
After a nearly 20-year hibernation, Wooderson, the iconic stoner from Richard Linklater’s 1993 film "Dazed and Confused," returns in rocker Butch Walker's new "Synethesizers" clip.
Thanks to rocker Butch Walker, Matthew McConaughey is reprising his breakout role of Wooderson, the iconic stoner from Richard Linklater’s 1993 film Dazed and Confused, who famously demured, “That's what I love about them high school girls... I get older, they stay the same age."
McConaughey stars in the video to Walker’s cheery “Sythesizers,” from his new album The Spade, donning the Bob Marley tee and tight pink pants that made him the quintessential 1976 ladies man. The reenactment, which places Wooderson in a modern club setting, had Linklater’s full blessing.
"When it comes to classic characters, Matthew McConaughey's Wooderson took the cake... and the high school girls with him," says Walker, who also released his first book this fall, Drinking with Strangers: Music Lessons From a Teenage Bullet Belt.
Watch the video below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR