Matthew Modine Joins Steve Jobs Movie as Apple CEO
Modine will play John Sculley, whom Jobs recruited to lead Apple in 1983 and who famously "fired" Jobs two years later.
Matthew Modine has joined the cast of the Steve Jobs biopic Jobs, which stars Ashton Kutcher as the late Apple founder. Modine will play John Sculley, whom Jobs recruited to lead Apple in 1983 and famously "fired" Jobs two years later. Sculley remained as Apple CEO until 1993.
"It's my feeling -- and I think there's a lot of people who feel -- that had John Sculley not fired Steve Jobs from Apple Computer and [let] Steve go on the journey that he did when he was away from Apple Computer, that we wouldn't be speaking about Steve Jobs today," Modine, repped by APA and Untitled, said Wednesday.
Directed by Joshua Michael Stern (Swing Vote), Jobs will chronicle Jobs' life from 1971 into the 21st century. The Book of Mormon star Josh Gad will portray Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak in the film, due out this fall. The movie began principal photography in June. Early scenes will be shot in the actual Los Altos home where Jobs grew up and in the historic garage where he founded Apple, according to a statement.
Another Jobs movie is in the works, based on the acclaimed biography by Walter Isaacson and with a screenplay by The Social Network Oscar winner Aaron Sorkin.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera