Matthew Morrison Joins Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block Summer Tour
12:25 PM PDT 5/17/2011 by Paula Zulian
The “Glee” star joins the tour July 6 in Anaheim, which begins the monthlong trek.
Glee star Matthew Morrison will join this summer’s Backstreet Boys/New Kids on the Block tour as a special guest.
Morrison, who plays a high school teacher on the Fox show, will perform in arenas across the U.S. with the two boy bands. This move will postpone some of his solo shows, but will give Morrison a larger platform for exposure.
He joins the tour in Anaheim on July 6 and ends his run Aug. 7 in London, Ontario. Morrison’s show in New York at the Beacon Theater will now take place Aug. 1.
This was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up,” said Morrison in a statement. “I am so appreciative of my fans and I’m planning to give them a great show.”
New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys (NKOTBSB) surprised fans when they first took the stage together for a sold-out Radio City Music Hall show in June 2010. The two groups performed at the American Music Awards this past November.
Morrison has been nominated for Tony, Emmy and Golden Globe awards, and shared the 2009 SAG Award for best performance by an ensemble in a television series with the Glee cast.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR