Matthew Morrison to Release New Album of Broadway Classics
The "Glee" actor's latest studio effort -- the first release from Adam Levine's new label 222 Records -- is set to debut on June 4.
Matthew Morrison is going back to his Broadway roots with the release of his new album Where It All Began on June 4.
With the help from producers Gregg Field and Phil Ramone (who has also worked with Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett), the collection will feature 12 Broadway classics from a West Side Story medley to "Singin' in the Rain." It will be the first studio album released by Adam Levine's new label 222 Records.
“I enjoyed the journey back to my roots on this new album,” the Glee actor says in a statement. “This is the album I’ve always wanted to make, and I am looking forward to sharing the experience with everyone."
The album's June release will coincide with a national PBS special, Matthew Morrison: Where It All Began - Live From the Bushnell, that is set to air on June 1. The premiere will feature a pre-recorded live performance by the Broadway star in Hartford, Conn.
Morrison is the first artist to be signed onto Levine's 222 Records.
“I am thrilled to be working with Matthew Morrison,” says the Maroon 5 frontman. “I am excited for everyone to hear the album because he has so much talent and am so proud to have this release produced by the legendary Phil Ramone.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR