Matthew Morrison sets album release date
'Glee' star's eclectic album due Feb. 2011, tour may follow
"Glee's" Matthew Morrison is hoping to release his debut album on Mercury in February 2011, as he fits recording in between filming episodes of the show's second season.
"I'm about three-quarters of the way done with the album," he says. "During our hiatus was the big chunk of putting it together -- it's full-time 'Glee' right now. I'm trying to do it on the weekends." He doesn't feel like one job is tearing him away from another, however, since "'Glee' is promotion of the album."
Morrison says the album's sound is eclectic, with "a lot of stuff that you would find on the adult contemporary charts, but stuff that I hope you'll hear in the club and you can dance to." He also says he hopes to tour once the album wraps.
In the meantime, fans can get their fill of Morrison as Mr. Shue when "Glee" returns to Fox on Sept. 21.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR