Fox to Produce Matthias Schweighofer’s New Comedy
The German actor's directorial debut, "What A Man," earned some $16 million for Fox in Germany.
COLOGNE, Germany – Twentieth Century Fox in Germany has signed on to co-produce the new film from actor-turned-director Matthias Schweighofer, whose debut What A Man was a box office hit this year.
Fox International Productions and Schweighofer’s shingle Pantaleon Films will produce the rom-com the Schlussmacher (roughly, the breaker-uper) in which Schweighofer will direct and star. He plays Henri, a silver-tongued employee of a Berlin firm that offers break-up services for people wanting to dump their partners. On one fateful job, Henri is forced to travel across Germany with a particularly difficult case.
Schlussmacher will begin shooting next spring with backing from the German federal film board, HessenInvestFilm and the Berlin-Brandenburg Medienboard. Amalia Film will co-produce. Fox will bow the feature in Germany.
What A Man, which starred Schweighofer and Game of Thrones actress Sibel Kekilli, earned more than $16 million for Fox in Germany.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!