Mauricio Duran Appointed Svp of Latin American Marketing and Distribution at UPI
LONDON -- Universal Pictures International, the studio's overseas releasing unit headquartered in the U.K., signaled intent in Latin America by promoting Mauricio Duran to spearhead activities in the territory.
UPI exec vp of distribution Duncan Clark said Duran, who becomes svp of Latin American marketing and distribution, is being elevated after being a "significant driver" of the studio's LatAm distribution activities operating out of Mexico.
Duran, who joined UPI in 2007 as vp of marketing and distribution for Latin America, will continue to report to Clark in his new position.
Clark said: "He [Duran] has built a superb Universal operating company in Mexico and he supervises our Latin America teams with great strategic oversight and composure."
In 2010, Duran oversaw the release of Despicable Me, which became the highest grossing Universal film of all time in Latin America. He also played a key role in the distribution agreement forged between UPI and Warner Bros., Mexico.
UPI also operates in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland, Benelux, Russia, Australia and France.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR