Mauricio Duran Appointed Svp of Latin American Marketing and Distribution at UPI
LONDON -- Universal Pictures International, the studio's overseas releasing unit headquartered in the U.K., signaled intent in Latin America by promoting Mauricio Duran to spearhead activities in the territory.
UPI exec vp of distribution Duncan Clark said Duran, who becomes svp of Latin American marketing and distribution, is being elevated after being a "significant driver" of the studio's LatAm distribution activities operating out of Mexico.
Duran, who joined UPI in 2007 as vp of marketing and distribution for Latin America, will continue to report to Clark in his new position.
Clark said: "He [Duran] has built a superb Universal operating company in Mexico and he supervises our Latin America teams with great strategic oversight and composure."
In 2010, Duran oversaw the release of Despicable Me, which became the highest grossing Universal film of all time in Latin America. He also played a key role in the distribution agreement forged between UPI and Warner Bros., Mexico.
UPI also operates in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland, Benelux, Russia, Australia and France.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama