Maxdome, Universum Sign Long-Term VOD Deal
Highlights include 'The King's Speech,' 'Oceans.'
COLOGNE, Germany - The ProSiebenSat.1 group has signed a multi-year VOD deal with rights group Universum for German on-demand rights to such titles as The King's Speech and French nature documentary Oceans. The non-exclusive agreement will see ProSieben stream Universum library and new titles on its popular Maxdome VOD site. Maxdome already has similar agreements with most of the U.S. major studios and German producers/distributors including Constantin and Splendid Film.
Universum, which is owned by media giant Bertelsmann, had a relatively quiet Cannes market this year but the group has several big films coming up including Nicholas Winding Refn's noir racer Drive and Oliver Megaton's Colombiana starring Zoe Saldana.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR