Maya Rudolph's New Prince Cover Band to Headline L.A.'s Largo
The debut of "Princess" follows "SNL" skit "The Prince Show," plus a September gig with The Roots.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Maya Rudolph did some very convincing song-and-dance moves during her (purple) reign on Saturday Night Live -- even emulating a flamboyant Beyonce as Prince's sidekick on a famed skit called "The Prince Show." (Fred Armisen did a very convincing Prince, even belting out the hits in the famous falsetto.)
But now Rudolph's stepping into the purple suit herself. The Up All Night actress actually has started a Prince cover band called, appropriately, Princess.
Rudolph performed Prince songs in September with The Roots at the Brooklyn Bowl during bandleader Questlove's stint there.
Rudolph's spokeswoman confirms she'll be headlining L.A.'s Largo on Nov. 10, though not with The Roots.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!