Exclusive Media Group Announce New Film Fund
Co-chairmen Guy East and Nigel Sinclair have tapped Alex Brunner as new co-president of the company's international label.
Exclusive Media Group, headed by co-chairmen Guy East and Nigel Sinclair, have announced a new film fund that will be used to fiance two to four acquisitions of up to $20 million per film each year.
The pair have named Alex Brunner as the new co-president of the company’s Exclusive Films International label, which oversees worldwide sales and marketing efforts for feature films produced by Exclusive’s labels — Hammer Films, Spitfire Pictures and Exclusive Films — as well as library product and third-party productions.
The new fund, which will fall under EFI, will allocate separate resources that will allow EFI to pick up movies, with EFI taking international distribution rights.
Brunner had been serving as Exclusive’s senior vp production and operations.
“We have substantial resources from our shareholders to fund productions, as we are doing with Peter Weir’s The Way Back or George Clooney’s The Ides of March, or the Daniel Radcliffe starrer The Woman in Black,” Sinclair and East said. “However, this film pickup fund allows us to also take a piece of finished films from third parties — films in production and films where our distribution guarantee will form part of the finance plan of the movie.”
Sinclair, Walton and Brunner will look for projects at Sundance and at next month’s Berlin International Film Festival. Additionally, the group will be looking at potential acquisitions for Newmarket Films, Exclusive’s U.S. distribution label.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama