Exclusive Media Racks Up Foreign Sales for Oscar Winner 'Undefeated'
Buyers include U.K. distributor Dogwoof and Australia's Madman Entertainment.
In the wake of Undefeated’s Oscar win for best documentary, Exclusive Media has sold international rights to the film in a number of key territories, including the U.K. where it was picked up by documentary distributor Dogwoof.
Deals also have been completed with Madman Entertainment in Australia; CDC in Latin America; Independent Films in Benelux; Impuls Pictures/Rialto in Switzerland; Sam Films in Iceland and United King in Israel. Additional sales were made with Cathay in Singapore, PT Amero in Indonesia, Lots Home Entertainment in Taiwan and M Pictures in Thailand.
Directed by Daniel Lindsay and T.J. Martin, Undefeated follows a high school football team from an underprivileged neighborhood in Memphis, Tenn. through a winning season.
Announcing the sales Thursday, Alex Walton, Exclusive Media president of international sales and distribution, said, “Undefeated is a universally crowd-pleasing film exploring the triumph of the human spirit and it is attracting some of the leading documentary distributors from around the world including Dogwoof and Madman. This is a film that deserves to be seen and our first class international partners are bringing it to the widest audience possible.”
Distributed by the Weinstein Co. in the U.S., where last weekend it was playing in 21 theaters, the film has grossed just $331,000 in the domestic marketplace.
The film was produced by Exclusive Media’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films, in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. Glen Zipper, Exclusive Media head of documentary features, produced the film alongside Rich Middlemas, Lindsay, Seth Gordon and Ed Cunningham. Exclusive Media co-chairmen Nigel Sinclair and Guy East executive produced with Zipper Bros Films president Dr. Ralph Zipper, Chris Miller, Sean Combs, Paolo Coppola, Neeraj Kohli, Michele Farinola and Jillian Longnecker, Exclusive Media senior vp, head of physical productions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game