Geyer Kosinski's Media Talent Group, Russia's AR Films Form $120 Million Film Fund for Six Features
The companies have already produced "Jayne Mansfield's Car," directed by Billy Bob Thornton, and "The Goats."
Media Talent Group, the management-production firm run by Geyer Kosinski, and AR Films, the Russian-based company run by Alexander Rodnyansky, have formed a $120 million film fund with the goal to develop and produce up to six features in the U.S.
Kosinski and Rodnyansky have already made two films, the first of which is Jayne Mansfield’s Car, an ensemble drama co-written and directed by Billy Bob Thornton that is premiering in competition at the Berlin International Film Festival next month. The second movie is the recently wrapped coming-of-age drama The Goats directed by D.J. Caruso.
Media Talent Group is known for repping actors such as Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman as well as Thornton and Caruso. Kosinski has served as a producer or exec producer on such movies as the 2005 remake of Bad News Bears and HBO’s Live From Baghdad.
AR Films, founded by Rodnyanski in 2009, is a player in production and distribution in Eastern Europe. Under its umbrella is Central and Eastern European distribution entity A-Company, Russian distributor Cinema Without Borders and production company Non-Stop Production. AR also owns the Russian-based film festival Kinotavr.
“There is a void in the movie industry today that we hope to fill with intelligent, character-driven films in a variety of genres, made within responsible budgets," Kosinski said in a statement.
Rodnyansky said he was looking to make project with a “unique voice.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game