Mediaset Launches Venture Capital Fund for Innovative Start-Ups
Ad4dventures will offer advertising, marketing and promotional support across its web of channels for fresh technology and digital companies.
MADRID -- Mediaset Spain and Mediaset Italy have joined forces to create Ad4dventures, a digital ventures fund offering communication and advertising support for digital and technology startups with "strong growth potential" in exchange for an equity stake or revenue sharing.
Mediaset said that new ventures often failed or were absorbed by foreign investors due to lack of resources and that Mediaset could help by providing communication and promotional support through its media outlets and distribution channels.
"We're hoping to support in a very concrete way the enterprising and positive spirit that today, more than ever, is necessary for the recovery of our country," said Giuseppe Tringali, the CEO of Mediaset Spain's advertising division Publiespana.
But Ad4dventures, which will launch Monday, also looks like a stab at a diversification and strategy rethinking coming on the heels of the group's first year-end loss in 17 years.
Based in Milan and Madrid, the venture fund will focus on startups that are positioned for growth.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services