Mediaset Spain to Broadcast Oscar Contenders
Spain's most profitable channel acquired broadcast rights for "American Hustle," "Philomena," "Frozen" and other Oscar-nominated hits.
Mediaset Spain announced Friday it has acquired Spanish broadcast rights for seven of the films nominated for Academy Awards.
A spokesman said the deals were closed in the past few days and include American Hustle, Philomena, Frozen, The Croods, Iron Man 3, The Book Thief and Star Trek Into Darkness.
Spain’s most profitable channel, Mediaset Spain, owns a handful of other channels as well , including flagship Telecinco.
The announcement comes days after Spanish electronics provider Nevir announced it will be the only sponsor for Mediaset's new DTT channel Energy, an agreement that has never been seen before in Spain's free-to-air TV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR