MEETS Partners With Guadalajara Film Fest
The new market, sponsored by the Panama Film Commission, will add a project from FICG's co-production meeting.
COLONIA DEL SACRAMENTO, Uruguay – One of the Latin American film projects presented at the 10th co-production meeting, organized by the Guadalajara film fest, will be chosen to be part of MEETS, the first Latin American co-production market, to be held on April 7-9 in Panama City.
"It’s an honor to join forces with one Latin America’s most prestigious film festivals and promote co-production in our region, enabling new development opportunities to our filmmakers and their projects," said MEETS director Arianne Benedetti.
The selected project will be announced during the 29th Guadalajara Film Festival, which takes place on Mar. 21-30.
The projects eligible for MEETS are fiction, documentary, and animated feature-length projects in late stages of development and at least 30 percent of financing already secured. A total of five Panamanian projects and seven Latin American ones will be selected.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR