Meg Tilly Returns for Canadian 'Bomb Girls' TV Movie
The World War II munitions-factory drama was canceled earlier this year and will bow out with a two-hour telefilm.
TORONTO – Oscar-nominated actress Meg Tilly (Agnes of God, The Big Chill) is on board for one last boom from Bomb Girls, the Canadian World War II munitions-factory drama canceled earlier this year and bowing out with a two-hour TV movie.
Tilly will return to play her character Lorna Corbett on the Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Film Productions series for Global Television.
Also returning for the TV movie, now shooting in Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario, are Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo and Anastasia Phillips in the role of Vera Burr.
Jamie Elman is joining the TV movie cast as a member of Allied intelligence.
Global Television parent Shaw Media decided against ordering a third season of the homegrown drama about women who risked their lives in a World War II munitions factory building bombs for the Allies.
Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season, which aired in the U.S. on ReelzChannel.
The two-hour Bomb Girls telefilm, penned by Donald Martin, is produced by John Calvert, and executive produced by Michael Prupas, Adrienne Mitchell and Janis Lundman.
The Bomb Girls movie is being distributed internationally by Muse Distribution International.
Elman is repped by Characters, Talent House and Genesis Entertainment Partners.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP