Megan Ellison Nearly Bought Anjelica Huston's Venice Home
The "American Hustle" financier, who just sold her Bird Street compound for $47 million, went into escrow on the actress' home -- but has since pulled out.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
After a Bird Street sell-off for a cool $47 million, financier-producer Megan Ellison reportedly has been on the hunt for a home office in Venice. Insiders report that the American Hustle backer went into escrow on Anjelica Huston's house designed by her late husband, sculptor Robert Graham.
With its three-story artist's loft, interior courtyard, gallery, dance room and workshop, the property came to market for $18 million in May 2010. The price has been chopped at various points to its current $11.9 million.
Alas, Ellison may not have been entirely sold on the area's ultimate live-work compound. The real estate-savvy producer has pulled out of escrow on what is proving to be a difficult-to-offload unit.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!