Megan Ellison Nearly Bought Anjelica Huston's Venice Home
The "American Hustle" financier, who just sold her Bird Street compound for $47 million, went into escrow on the actress' home -- but has since pulled out.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
After a Bird Street sell-off for a cool $47 million, financier-producer Megan Ellison reportedly has been on the hunt for a home office in Venice. Insiders report that the American Hustle backer went into escrow on Anjelica Huston's house designed by her late husband, sculptor Robert Graham.
With its three-story artist's loft, interior courtyard, gallery, dance room and workshop, the property came to market for $18 million in May 2010. The price has been chopped at various points to its current $11.9 million.
Alas, Ellison may not have been entirely sold on the area's ultimate live-work compound. The real estate-savvy producer has pulled out of escrow on what is proving to be a difficult-to-offload unit.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR