'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Columbia Records Deal
The Broadway vet joins fellow stage-to-screen singer Kristen Chenoweth on Sony subsidiary Masterworks, along with co-star Katharine McPhee, who signed to Columbia in 2011.
After some seven years spent on Broadway (Wicked, 9 to 5) then a co-starring role on NBC's hit drama Smash, Megan Hilty can now call herself a major label recording artist.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 30-year-old Bellevue, Washington native has been signed to Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, which has typically been the label home to classical music releases and, more recently, the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth.
She joins fellow Smash star Katharine McPhee in the Sony family. The American Idol alum signed with Columbia back in June 2011.
No word yet on when a debut album by Hilty may be due, but the actress has said that she's currently working on demos.
On Smash, Hilty's character Ivy Lynn, in the midst of workshops for a Marilyn Monroe musical, was recently visited by her mother, played by stage icon Bernadette Peters. Watch a clip here.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David