'Smash' Star Megan Hilty Scores Columbia Records Deal
The Broadway vet joins fellow stage-to-screen singer Kristen Chenoweth on Sony subsidiary Masterworks, along with co-star Katharine McPhee, who signed to Columbia in 2011.
After some seven years spent on Broadway (Wicked, 9 to 5) then a co-starring role on NBC's hit drama Smash, Megan Hilty can now call herself a major label recording artist.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 30-year-old Bellevue, Washington native has been signed to Columbia Records through Sony subsidiary Masterworks, which has typically been the label home to classical music releases and, more recently, the likes of Wilson Phillips and Kristin Chenoweth.
She joins fellow Smash star Katharine McPhee in the Sony family. The American Idol alum signed with Columbia back in June 2011.
No word yet on when a debut album by Hilty may be due, but the actress has said that she's currently working on demos.
On Smash, Hilty's character Ivy Lynn, in the midst of workshops for a Marilyn Monroe musical, was recently visited by her mother, played by stage icon Bernadette Peters. Watch a clip here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR