Mel Gibson to Appear as Tattoo Artist in 'Hangover 2'
Actor takes on “pivotal” cameo in comedy sequel.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed reports that Mel Gibson will appear in a cameo as a tattoo artist in the "Hangover" sequel.
The "Edge of Darkness" actor will make the brief appearance in the Todd Phillips comedy "The Hangover 2."
The New York Post reported today that GIbson's cameo was "a done deal" and that filming was due to take place shortly on the Warner Bros. lot.
The sequel will feature the return of Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha who starred in the original as friends trying to piece together a rowdy Vegas bachelor party. This time the location for the partying mishap is set for Bangkok, Thailand.
A source familiar with the production told the Hollywood Reporter that the tattoo artist character is "pivotal" to the plot which features one of the characters going under the needle during a night of debauchery.
Gibson's representative declined to comment.
Gibson's next movie, the Jodie Foster-directed "Beaver," has seen its release date postponed by Summit Entertainment in the wake of controversy concerning Gibson’s ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10