Mel Gibson to Appear as Tattoo Artist in 'Hangover 2'
Actor takes on “pivotal” cameo in comedy sequel.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed reports that Mel Gibson will appear in a cameo as a tattoo artist in the "Hangover" sequel.
The "Edge of Darkness" actor will make the brief appearance in the Todd Phillips comedy "The Hangover 2."
The New York Post reported today that GIbson's cameo was "a done deal" and that filming was due to take place shortly on the Warner Bros. lot.
The sequel will feature the return of Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha who starred in the original as friends trying to piece together a rowdy Vegas bachelor party. This time the location for the partying mishap is set for Bangkok, Thailand.
A source familiar with the production told the Hollywood Reporter that the tattoo artist character is "pivotal" to the plot which features one of the characters going under the needle during a night of debauchery.
Gibson's representative declined to comment.
Gibson's next movie, the Jodie Foster-directed "Beaver," has seen its release date postponed by Summit Entertainment in the wake of controversy concerning Gibson’s ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills