Mel Gibson to Appear as Tattoo Artist in 'Hangover 2'
Actor takes on “pivotal” cameo in comedy sequel.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed reports that Mel Gibson will appear in a cameo as a tattoo artist in the "Hangover" sequel.
The "Edge of Darkness" actor will make the brief appearance in the Todd Phillips comedy "The Hangover 2."
The New York Post reported today that GIbson's cameo was "a done deal" and that filming was due to take place shortly on the Warner Bros. lot.
The sequel will feature the return of Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha who starred in the original as friends trying to piece together a rowdy Vegas bachelor party. This time the location for the partying mishap is set for Bangkok, Thailand.
A source familiar with the production told the Hollywood Reporter that the tattoo artist character is "pivotal" to the plot which features one of the characters going under the needle during a night of debauchery.
Gibson's representative declined to comment.
Gibson's next movie, the Jodie Foster-directed "Beaver," has seen its release date postponed by Summit Entertainment in the wake of controversy concerning Gibson’s ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!