Mel Gibson, ex in closed court session
Attorneys for Mel Gibson and his ex-girlfriend are meeting in closed session with a judge handling their child custody case.
Attorneys for the actor-director and Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva went in to the hearing Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles. Before the courtroom was closed to the public, they told a clerk they planned to file motions in the case.
The couple split in April. Gibson's attorney, Stephen Kolodny, said the former couple entered into a confidential agreement a month later. A child custody case was filed in Los Angeles last month, but those records are sealed.
Neither Gibson or Grigorieva were present for hearing.
Kolodny has said Gibson has provided his ex-girlfriend with substantial support. Grigorieva said in a statement that she could not discuss the case.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills