Mel Gibson Reaches Legal Settlement With Ex-Girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva
The Los Angeles County Superior Court announced on Friday that the two "have achieved a settlement in their ongoing dispute."
Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva have reached a settlement in their legal battle, the Los Angeles County Superior Court announced on Friday.
"As the result of a multiday settlement conference, the court announces that Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva have achieved a settlement in their ongoing dispute," the statement read, according to the Los Angeles Times. Terms of the settlement would be discussed next week and there were no other details were included.
The former couple had been in a custody battle over their one-year-old daughter. Earlier this year, Gibson pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery against Grigorieva. The plea allowed him not to spend time in jail.
Grigorieva had told authorities of the incident last year, six months after she said Gibson had hit her and threatened her while their daughter was present. Recordings of Gibson ranting subsequently surfaced on the Internet, with the actor saying that Grigorieva's assault was deserved.
Earlier this month, Gibson and Grigorieva were fighting in court over which school to send their daughter. Grigorieva reportedly wanted to enroll Lucia in a private school near her San Fernando Valley home. But Gibson, who is based in Malibu, didn't want to face the long drive when he has custody.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR