Melanie Griffith in Talks to Star in Lifetime Pilot, 'American Housewife'
Antonio Banderas is in negotiations to executive produce the project about a well-to-do housewife who begins hearing voices.
Lifetime is continuing its push into noisy programming with bold-faced talent.
The female-skewing cable network has ordered a pilot for a drama tentatively titled American Housewife, about a well-to-do housewife that begins hearing voices.
The project, which will be produced by Fox TV Studios, is being set up as a star vehicle for Melanie Griffith, who is in negotiations to act and executive produce. Her actor husband Antonio Banderas is in talks to serve as an executive producer on the project, which he created with fellow EP and pilot scribe Erik Jendresen (Band of Brothers).
Ray Ricard is also in talks to executive produce the project alongside Griffiths, Banderas and Jendresen, with Eclipses' David Slade to direct the pilot.
Banderas is repped by CAA; Griffiths and Slade are repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws