Melissa Etheridge on Her 'American Idiot' Role: 'It's Not a Male or Female Thing'
The Oscar-winning singer also reveals that she's working on her own Broadway musical with girlfriend and 'Nurse Jackie' creator Linda Wallem.
Melissa Etheridge will make her Broadway debut in American Idiot on February 1 through 6, stepping into the role of St. Jimmy, currently played by Billie Joe Armstrong, the show’s musical visionary and Green Day frontman, but her ambitions on the Great White Way go far beyond a one week stint on the stage. Etheridge is also working on a musical with girlfriend and Nurse Jackie creator Linda Wallem.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR