Melissa Etheridge, Anderson Cooper Ink Broadway Deals
The singer will play the role of St. Jimmy for a special one-week engagement in early February.
Melissa Etheridge will be making her way to Broadway, along with newsman Anderson Cooper — sort of.
Etheridge will be joining American Idiot in the role of St. Jimmy, the character Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is currently starring as, for a one week from Feb. 1-6.
Armstrong returns Feb. 10 to complete his 50-performance engagement, which ends Feb. 27 at New York City’s St. James Theatre.
In addition, Cooper is lending his voice to Daniel Radcliffe’s new musical comedy How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
Cooper will narrate the production, which also stars John Larroquette, and is directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford. Walter Cronkite was the narrator in the 1995 revival, which starred Broadway veteran Matthew Broderick.
How to Succeed in Business begins previews Saturday, Feb. 26 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre and officially opens Sunday, March 27.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR