Melissa Gilbert Files for Divorce from Bruce Boxleitner
The "Little House on the Prairie" star cited "irreconcilable differences."
Little House on the Prairie star, Melissa Gilbert, has filed for divorce from fellow actor, Bruce Boxleitner.
According to the Sacramento Bee, Gilbert filed divorce papers on Monday in Los Angeles citing “irreconcilable differences.” The petition shows the couple has been separated since January.
They have been married for 16 years and have a 15-year-old son together named Michael (after the late actor who played Gilbert’s dad, Michael Landon). Gilbert’s first marriage to Bo Brinkman ended in 1992 after four years.
Gilbert is best known for playing Laura Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie from 1974-1983. She has most recently appeared in the 2007 Hallmark Channel movie, Sacrifices of the Heart. Gilbert served two terms as president of the Screen Actor's Guild from 2001-2005.
Boxleitner starred in the 1983 series, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, the science fiction series, Babylon 5 and in the Tron movie franchise.
Gilbert’s sister, The Talk’s Sara Gilbert, also announced this week that she was ending her own 10-year relationship to partner, Allison Adler.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'