Melissa Gilbert's Most Memorable 'Little House on the Prairie' Moments (Video)
The actress, who recently filed for divorce from actor Bruce Boxleitner, once charmed America as Laura Ingalls on NBC's long-running show.
Melissa Gilbert recently filed for divorce from her second husband, Bruce Boxleitner, claiming irreconcilable differences. She is seeking joint custody of their 15-year-old son Michael who is named after her television father and mentor Michael Landon. The couple has three other sons from previous marriages.
Long before she was dealing with matrimonial woes, the actress charmed television audiences as pioneer gal Laura Ingalls on the hit show Little House on the Prairie.
THR has complied some of her character's greatest scenes from the family drama which aired on NBC from 1974 to 1983.
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
When her baby brother Charles is born during the first season of Little House on the Prairie in "The Lord is My Sheperd," Laura is jealous and refuses to pray for the newborn to get better when he is seriously ill. The boy dies and worried it's her fault, she climbs to the tallest hill to tell God he should take her instead.
THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE
In this scene from the first episode of the second season, "The Richest Man on Walnut Grove", Nellie (Allison Arngrim) and Willie (Jonathan Gilbert) are teasing Laura about her farmer father saying "that's all he's good for, clean up after horses." She is devastated explaining the situation to her father Charles. After speaking with her father, she slugs Nellie in the face. Jonathan Gilbert is Melissa's real life adopted brother.
LAURA INGALLS WILDER
In the two-part season opener of the 7th season, "Laura Ingalls Wilder," Laura marries Almanzo Wilder (Dean Butler) who is 10 years her senior. The young girl was love struck since the moment he and sister Eliza Jane (Lucy Lee Flippin) came to town for Eliza's teaching stint in Walnut Grove. They shared her first kiss was she was 16. They married on her sister Mary's anniversary.
ROSE WILDER ENTERS THE PICTURE
Laura Ingalls gave birth to her first child Rose Wilder in the 8th season of Little House. Almanzo has a down and out mood because of the effects of illness and stroke he just suffered through. This apathy causes Laura to confront him which sends her into labor. Laura doesn't want her daughter to come into this world with her screaming but into a happy and joyful place.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10