Melissa McCarthy on Photoshopped 'Heat' Poster: My Husband Did It
The actress jokes about the allegedly digitally altered image that made her look much thinner.
Melissa McCarthy has finally spoken out about the U.K. poster for The Heat, in which it looked like she had been Photoshopped to appear much slimmer.
Talking to The Hollywood Reporter at The Heat premiere on Sunday night in New York City, McCarthy jokingly blamed her husband, Ben Falcone, for the controversial tweaks.
"Ben did it, and we had a big fight about it because I said I wanted it 80 percent smaller and he said he wanted it 70 percent," McCarthy told THR.
McCarthy and Falcone agreed that for her next movie, she should be headless on the poster.
McCarthy's face and neck appeared to have been digitally altered on The Heat's U.K. poster, revealed earlier this month.
The Photoshopping seemed to shave roughly 30 pounds off of McCarthy's body.
McCarthy was also visibly Photoshopped to look thinner on a poster for Bridesmaids, which was also directed by Heat helmer Paul Feig.
The Heat hits theaters on Friday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR