Melissa McCarthy, Zac Efron to Present at MTV Movie Awards
Rebel Wilson hosts the April event, which serves as an unofficial kick off for summer blockbuster season.
Rebel Wilson is getting some A-list support at the MTV Movie Awards.
The network has announced the first batch of presenters for the annual event, which serves as an unofficial kickoff for summer blockbuster season. Among the stars who will dole out trophies are Steve Carell, Melissa McCarthy, Zac Efron, Kerry Washington, Seth Rogen, Danny McBride, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler and Star Trek: Into Darkness’ Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto.
Wilson will serve as host of the festivities, which will air live on the East Coast at 9 p.m. on Sunday, April 14 via MTV. The broadcast will be tape-delayed for the West Coast.
Wilson has already gone into full promotion mode for the event, releasing a series of teasers featuring Channing Tatum.
In addition to the standard movie of the year, best fight and best kiss categories, Will Ferrell will be honored with the first Comedic Genius Award, while Emma Watson will receive the Trailblazer Award.
Selena Gomez will be on hand to perform her next single, “Come & Get It.”
The fate of each nominee is in the hands of the fans, with voting currently open on MTV’s website.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR