Melissa McCarthy's 'Tammy' to Hit Theaters July 2014
The New Line pic will open opposite Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz's "Sex Tape," creating a comedy showdown.
Melissa McCarthy's raunchy road trip romp Tammy is set to open in theaters July 2, 2014, hoping to prosper over the long Independence Day holiday.
It creates a comedy showdown, since that's the same date that Sex Tape, starring Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz, is set to debut.
From New Line and Warner Bros., Tammy also stars Kathy Bates, while Susan Sarandon is in final talks to board the cast.
McCarthy co-wrote the script with husband Ben Falcone, who is directing. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are producing, along with McCarthy. Kevin Messick, Chris Henchy, Falcone and Rob Cowan are executive producing.
The story centers on a woman who is laid off from her job at a fast food restaurant, discovers her husband is having an affair and decides to go on a road trip with her foul-mouthed, alcoholic, diabetic grandmother.
Bates will play the grandmother’s lesbian friend who saves the duo from some bad spots.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR