Melissa Molinaro: 5 Things to Know About the Kim Kardashian Lookalike (Video)
If Melissa Molinaro looks like a familiar face, it may not be for the reason you’re thinking. Sure, Molinaro is a doppelganger for E!’s resident reality queen, Kim Kardashian – but this isn’t the first time she’s made headlines.
Most recently, the singer/actress/model was spotted on the arm of New Orleans Saint Reggie Bush, who famously dated Kardashian on and off between 2007 and 2010. Here are a few notable tidbits about the Canadian born beauty, whose birth name is actually Melissa Ann Smith.
1. In February, she became a web sensation for her appearance in an Old Navy ad doubling as a faux music video. At the time, Internet search engines flooded with queries regarding Kim Kardashian’s involvement with Old Navy -- only to find that it was a lookalike singing “Super C-U-T-E” in the one-minute spot.
2. In 2005, she appeared on MTV’s Making the Band 3, almost earning a spot in Danity Kane. She was eliminated in the final episode of Season 2.
3. Not giving up on the girl group dream, she appeared as a contestant on the CW’s Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll in 2007. This time she was cut loose after only three episodes.
4. Molinaro tried her acting with a guest spot on How I Met Your Mother in the Dec. 13, 2010 episode titled “False Postive.” Making the move to film, she later starred alongside Katerina Graham and Audrina Patridge in the dance flick sequel, Honey 2.
5. Currently, Molinaro is recording a debut pop album. The video for her first single, "Dance Floor," currently has over 250 thousand views on YouTube. Watch it below.
Still, Molinaro can’t seem to shake the Kardashian comparisons. She didn’t seem to mind it though, telling E! News in February: “To me it’s extremely flattering. She is a beautiful woman… That’s an amazing compliment.”