Memo to the Academy: 3 Changes You Must Make
Fans inside the show! Nominees in July! Smarter voting procedures! THR's awards analyst on how to grow the Oscars.
I am one of the Academy Awards' biggest fans. And as someone for whom the Oscars telecast is never too long, the host never too bland and the winners never too disagreeable, I'd nonetheless like to propose three ideas that could make the Oscars even better.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Chrissie Hynde: Don't Get Me Wrong: I Won't Stand For Cruelty to Geese
- Heather Laine Talley: Zelda Wasn't 'Crazy': How What You Don't Know About Fitzgerald Tells Us Something About 'Crazy' Women, Then and Now
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'?
- Jessica Simpson Squeezes Her Baby Bump Into Spandex