Memorial Set for Julian Myers, Publicist of Marilyn Monroe
The life of the well-known Hollywood publicist, who died Dec. 21 at age 95, will be celebrated at the Hollywood Museum by his family and friends.
A memorial honoring the late Julian Myers will be held on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 19, at the Hollywood Museum.
Myers, who for many years was a well-known Hollywood publicist for Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and John Wayne, passed away on Dec. 21 at age 95 of congestive heart failure in Marina del Rey, Calif.
The memorial is open to the public and the family requests that any donations in honor of Myers be made to the Motion Picture & Television Fund.
It will be held at the Hollywood Museum, located in the historic Max Factor Building at 1660 N. Highland Ave., just south of Hollywood Boulevard, beginning at 10.30 a.m.
While at Fox from 1948-61, Myers worked with a slew of top stars, including Betty Grable, Deborah Kerr, Jayne Mansfield, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Shelley Winters, Claudette Colbert, Patricia Neal, Bette Davis, Ava Gardner, Joanne Woodward, Shirley Temple, Leslie Caron, Ethel Merman, Mitzi Gaynor, Shirley Jones, Rita Moreno, Katharine Hepburn, Jane Russell, Shirley MacLaine, Dorothy Dandridge and Joan Collins.
Later in his career, he also became a respected teacher of public relations at UCLA and Loyola Marymount.
His death came only two months after that of his wife, attorney Patsy Nanna Myers, who died of complications from a stroke, at age 89. They had been married for 43 years, and she often shared in his life and work representing top stars and Hollywood executives.
Earlier this year, Myers received a special award from Local 600 commemorating his work and previously received the Publicists Guild's Robert Yeager Award in 1978 and the Les Mason Award in 1980.
In addition to his three children, Myers is survived by 10 grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, sister Helen Gilbert and brother Rod Myers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)