'Men in Black 3' Posts Record Memorial Day Opening Weekend for Imax
Columbia Pictures’ action comedy, starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, grossed $12.7 million in 474 giant screen theaters worldwide.
TORONTO – Imax on Wednesday said Columbia Pictures’ Men in Black 3 posted a record Memorial Day opening weekend as it grossed $12.7 million in box office after a digitally remastered version screened in 474 of its theaters worldwide.
The action comedy’s four-day run took in $5.3 million domestically in 278 Imax theaters, while internationally the Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones-starrer grossed another $7.4 million on 196 Imax screens.
The previous Memorial Day weekend global box office record was held by Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
The first Men in Black franchise film to screen in Imax theaters included a preview six-minute clip of the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man movie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR