'Men in Black 3' Posts Record Memorial Day Opening Weekend for Imax
Columbia Pictures’ action comedy, starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, grossed $12.7 million in 474 giant screen theaters worldwide.
TORONTO – Imax on Wednesday said Columbia Pictures’ Men in Black 3 posted a record Memorial Day opening weekend as it grossed $12.7 million in box office after a digitally remastered version screened in 474 of its theaters worldwide.
The action comedy’s four-day run took in $5.3 million domestically in 278 Imax theaters, while internationally the Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones-starrer grossed another $7.4 million on 196 Imax screens.
The previous Memorial Day weekend global box office record was held by Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
The first Men in Black franchise film to screen in Imax theaters included a preview six-minute clip of the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man movie.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)