'Men in Black III' to Open in Imax 3D on May 25
The Sony release stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.
Sony’s Men in Black III will get the large-format Imax 3D treatment when it is released worldwide on May 25.
Imax and Sony announced Monday that the movie will be digitally re-mastered for Imax 3D with the proprietary Imax DMR technology.
In the sequel to the first two MIB movies, which appeared in 1997 and 2002, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will reprise their starring roles as alien hunters. Barry Sonnenfeld is directing from a screenplay by Etan Cohen based on the Malibu Comic by Lowell Cunningham.
Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are producing, with Steven Spielberg and G. Mac Brown as exec producers. The film also stars Josh Brolin, Jemaine Clement and Emma Thompson.
“Releasing a film in Imax 3D signals an event release, and Men in Black III on Memorial Day weekend certainly qualifies in a big way. We couldn’t be more excited about how MIB III will look and sound in Imax theatres,” Rory Bruer, president of worldwide distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing, said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR