'Men in the City 2' Tops German Charts on Opening Weekend
After "Three Musketeers," "What a Man," "Kokowaah," it's the fourth German title to top the charts this year.
COLOGNE, Germany - It was another home team win at the German box office this weekend, as local romantic comedy Men in the City 2 took the top spot, replacing the German-produced The Three Musketeers at number one and relegating Friends with Benefits to the third slot.
In addition to Men 2 and Three Musketeers, rom-com What a Man held steady in position four on the German charts, making it three local-language titles in the top five.
Men 2 marks the fourth German film to top the box office charts this year, following Kokowaah, What a Man and Musketeers. The common factor is German megastar Til Schweiger, who wrote and directed Kokowaah and appears in both Musketeers and Men 2.
His own film is by far the most successful of the bunch. Kokowaah has earned around $42 million in Germany alone. The studios have long since learned there's money in German film. Both Kokowaah and Men 2 were released locally by Warner Bros. and Fox bowed What a Man. The Three Musketeers was produced and distributed in Germany by Constantin Film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR