'Mercy' star joins Zac Efron film 'Lucky One'
Taylor Schilling set to co-star in Nicholas Sparks adaptation
Taylor Schilling has nabbed the female lead opposite Zac Efron in "The Lucky One," Warner Bros.' adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel.
The book tells of a Marine (Efron) who's survived three tours of duty in Iraq and attributes his good luck to a photograph he carried of a woman (Schilling) he doesn't even know. When he returns to the States, he sets out to find her.
The role was highly sought after among young Hollywood, with the studio conducting screen tests over the past two weeks. Among the actresses for the running were Abbie Cornish and Katie Cassidy.
Scott Hicks, the Australian helmer who directed the Geoffrey Rush movie "Shine" as well as the Stephen King adaptation "Hearts in Atlantis," is directing "Lucky," which goes before cameras in the fall.
Denise Di Novi is producing, as is Langley Park's Kevin McCormick. Di Novi's Alison Greenspan is exec producing.
Schilling, repped by Gersh, was one of the stars of NBC's recently canceled medical drama "Mercy." She recently completed shooting "Atlas Shrugged."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR