Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Oprah Winfrey Attached to Michael Patrick King Project
Talk about female star power: Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock and Oprah Winfrey are attached to star in Sex and the City creator Michael Patrick King's untitled comedy project, just set up at Universal Pictures.
King will write and direct the comedy, described by the studio as being "set in and around the world of a Home Shopping-type network and follows the characters as they make their way through the maze of mania that surrounds marketing, marriages and the media."
Scott Stuber will produce through his Universal-based Stuber Pictures. CAA, which reps King and the talent, packaged the project.
Streep, who last starred in It's Complicated, remains one of the most in-demand actresses of any generation. Bullock, thanks to her Oscar win for The Blind Side, is now on top of studios' lists for any female -centric movies and is in negotiations to star in Warner Bros.' outer space survival movie Gravity. Winfrey's forays into live action acting are a rare event, with the last movie she appeared in being 1998's Beloved (although she has voiced animated features).
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead