Golden Globes 2012: Meryl Streep Curses, Gets Bleeped
The "Iron Lady" winner swears during Sunday's ceremony after forgetting to bring her reading glasses onstage.
Oh, bleep. Meryl Streep, who's rarely without her reading glasses to accept an acting award, left them at her table on Sunday's Golden Globes after winning a best actress trophy for The Iron Lady.
Once onstage, she noticed her trusty specs were missing -- and that's when she dropped the S-bomb, bleeped out by the NBC telecast's censors.
"Oh s--t, I forgot my glasses. Oh! I'm going to have to remember my speech," she said.
Backstage, Streep owned up to her mistake in an Access Hollywood interview, saying: "I said s--t on TV! I did. ... I said (it) and I don’t normally say -- well, I do normally say that, but I don’t say it on TV." (Also bleeped: Ricky Gervais, while introducing presenters Salma Hayek and Antonio Banderas.)
Streep said she had written "such a good speech" but would now have to send an email to everyone she forgot to thank.
One person she remembered: The Help's Viola Davis, her competitior for the award and the winner of last week's Critic's Choice trophy, whom Streep called "my hero."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR